Approximate Date of Posting: October 19, 2016
Paid/Unpaid: Unpaid, but free on-site accommodation all meals and a return ticket for their country of origin are included.
Time Frame: Three months
Start dates for the three month internships are available throughout the year. Applicants should state their months of availability in their application.
Source: Salzburg Global Seminar http://www.salzburgglobal.org/who-we-are/job-opportunities/internships.html
Location: Salzburg, Austria
Position: Library Internship
Salzburg Global Seminar is seeking a self-motivated, pro-active library studies graduate for an internship in the historic Max Reinhardt Library of Schloss Leopoldskron and the Salzburg Global archives. This is a unique opportunity allows the intern to be the point of contact for Salzburg Global’s small collection and leverage their own network to learn and get real world experience.
The purpose of the library is to provide access to, and organizes specific material in support of the educational mission of Salzburg Global. The Library Intern supports Salzburg Global staff, Fellows and Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron guests. The composition of the collection reflects past and current topics of Salzburg Global Seminar sessions. The Library is an open-stack, non-lending library but may be open to non-participants upon request.
- Catalog of all new acquisitions using the Dewey Decimal System in our open source database
- Restack and shelve books that are out of place
- Write gift plate and thank you notes
- Maintain existing subscription and their renewals as required
- Research to find articles relevant to session topic
- Identify potential faculty and invitees for sessions
- Compile list of resources for Salzburg Global Seminar sessions as requested
- Compile reserve shelf for upcoming sessions
- As needed, provide tech and administrative support for upcoming sessions
- Survey archival materials
- Assist in the shipping of the existing archives off-site
- Organize and scan photographic archives
Helpful academic or professional backgrounds: Candidates should have recently completed postgraduate studies in library and information science or a related area.
Other requirements: The candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
Candidates must also be comfortable working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and at all levels of the organization, including senior executives, in a creative, but formal and professional environment, e.g. business attire is required. Enthusiasm for the global mission, exceptional organizational and writing skills, attention to detail, and internet research and Microsoft Office Suite skills are required.
The internship is full-time for three months. The position is unpaid, but the successful candidate will be provided with free on-site accommodation at Schloss Leopoldskron, all meals and a return ticket for their country of origin, as well as excellent networking opportunities with the international participants of our programs. German language skills are not required.
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter:
Application Deadline: October 28, 2016