Approximate Date of Posting: February 3, 2017
Position: Teen Services Intern
Location: Chelsea, Massachusetts
Company/Organization Chelsea Public Library
Schedule/Hours: 5 hours per week; Total of 50
Time Frame: Spring 2017 Semester
Compensation: Chelsea, Massachusetts
Duties/Description: The Teen Services Intern will help with collection development and assessment and perform other projects relating to Teen Literature and services.
Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Material selection and purchasing
- Establish partnerships with the Chelsea Public Schools
- Recruit and institute a Teen Advisory Board
- Plan and implement monthly Teen programming
- Create print and online Pathfinders
- Contribute to Teen related social media
- With the Director, rework existing Teen Space into a dedicated Teen section including: moving furniture and materials, researching and purchasing new furniture and computers and redecorating
Duration of position: Spring 2017 Semester.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is enrolled in a graduate level library science or education program and can demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in Teen literature. Has experience and enjoys working with middle and high school students. Proficiency in MS Office Suite and has demonstrated introductory IT skills. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Closing Date: February 22, 2017
Sarah Gay Jackson -MLIS SGay@chelseama.gov
Chelsea Public Library
Chelsea, MA 02150
Deadline: February 22, 2017