Approximate Date of Posting:February 4, 2017
Position: Research Library Internship
Location: New York, New York (Manhattan)
Company/Organization Ogilvy Intelligence Center
Time Frame: Unspecified
Source: SLA-NY Internship Listings
The Intern will support the Ogilvy Intelligence Center and Research Library with library management,
research requests, and administrative duties. The position calls for a meticulous but creative problemsolver,
who is organized but flexible to handle fast deadlines and last minute requests. This internship
would be ideal for a candidate with background and/or interest in marketing, advertising, and consumer
The Research Library intern will be expected to assist in:
• Routing publications
• Cataloging books, journals, magazines, and other resources in EOS
• Managing access to research resources
• Answering research requests and projects
• Other administrative duties as needed.
• Currently in an MLIS program or near completion.
• Must be highly proficient in computer skills – especially database management and cloud
• Knowledgeable about advertising and marketing.
• Familiar with library cataloging rules – work experience in library cataloging or taxonomy a plus.
• Adept at database and online research.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.