Approximate Date of Posting: February 6, 2017
Position: Records Management Intern (Finance & Adminsitration
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Time Frame: Summer 8-10 weeks
Source: UMD MLIS Blog
his role exists to support the Records Management Services team in execution of the information governance strategy project to identify and securely manage records at all phases of the information management lifecycle, to improve practitioner efficiency while meeting business, professional and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with Records Management Services and business stakeholders to schedule meetings
- Document meeting discussions
- Guide data collection and organize information as needed
- Develop tracking processes for project tasks and action items
- Track action items and coordinate with action item owners to complete
- Create process documentation
- Participate in process and systems testing
Our Records Management Services team values collaboration with a culture that helps you develop professionally while motivating you to excel. You’ll be joining a team of people who work their magic behind the scenes creating synchronicity and harmony between all our moving parts.
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Records Management, Library Science, Business Management, IT or related field
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who works effectively in a cross-functional environment, but also be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and independently on assigned tasks, exercising judgment as needed
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong academic track record (preferred minimum 3.2 GPA)
How you’ll grow
Throughout the internship program, we want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means a lot of support – both formal and informal – right from the start. Guided by coaches and mentors who can help you to learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities, you’ll gain real-world experience working on meaningful projects. Beyond this exposure to “real life” projects, the program also delivers a variety of national and local learning and networking events. Our regularly scheduled learning and networking opportunities are designed to help you develop technical and leadership skills and help you begin building your professional network. Learn more about the internship program.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
How to Apply
- Campus Career Center application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your resume and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document_Date(e.g. John Doe Resume_09_15_17).
- Deloitte website: You are required to apply through the Deloitte website for legal purposes. Below are the steps to apply for this position:
- Go to https://jobs2.deloitte.com
- In the search bar at the top of the page, enter the keyword “S17DETSI18JUNAM-RM” to search for the job posting.
- On the job posting page, click the Apply button on complete your profile.
- Once you’ve completed your candidate profile on our website you may be prompted to complete an online application several days after. Please complete that upon receipt as well.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.