Approximate Date of Posting: January 18, 2017
Position: Media Preservation Internship
Location: University of Hawaii-O’hau
Company/Organization Ulu‘ulu Moving Image Archive
Time Frame: 6-8 consecutive weeks May – Sept, must complete 200 hours
Compensation $3,000 stipend.
Source: Archives Gig
The purpose of the Roselani Internship is to give a student of merit who is committed to the preservation of our media history – which covers the political, cultural and historical landscape of these islands – the opportunity to acquire practical experience in a moving image archive.
Intern activities at ʻUluʻulu may include opportunities in:
- Cataloguing using media asset management software
- Processing and creating inventories of archival audiovisual materials
- Preservation activities including cleaning and re-housing of audiovisual materials, and environmental monitoring
- Digitization of videotapes, documents and photographs
- Social media information management
Eligibility and Application
- Applicant must be enrolled (full time or part time) in a moving image preservation or archival academic program; or must be accepted into such a program for the next academic year.
- The applicant must have a GPA of at least 3.0 in his/her academic program
- The applicant must submit a. An internship application b. An official sealed transcript from the applicant’s most recent academic program
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and interest in an internship at ʻUluʻulu
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current resume or CV Contact: Janel Quirante, Head Archivist | email@example.com | (808) 689-2740
Deadline: March 15, 2017