Approximate Date of Posting February 10. 2017
Position: Archivist Intern
Location: Information Management Intern
Company/Organization American Conservation Experience http://www.usaconservation.org/
Time Frame June 5-August 18, 2017 An 11-week duration is required for most positions.
Compensation: $10 – $15 per hour
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a Non-Profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management is seeking One (1) Information Records Direct Hire Authority Intern interested in dedicating at least 11 weeks in support of BLM.
A Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) internship is perhaps the most effective tool currently available to agencies seeking to expedite the hiring of qualified people in positions that must be filled quickly. It is a competitive and rigorous project based internship. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and ACE EPIC are looking to engage the next generation of conservation stewards. The program will raise awareness of our public lands, their accessibility, and the need for the community’s involvement in their preservation. For more information about BLM DHA internships, please visit http://www.usaconservation.org/programs/epic-internship/dha-home/.
Start Date: June 5, 2017
End Date: August 18, 2017
Duration: An 11-week duration is required for most positions. Please view specific project details for more information about duration.
Compensation: $10 – $15 per hour
For more detailed project descriptions, please visit: http://www.usaconservation.org/programs/epic-internship/dha-home/dha-openings/dha-records-and-information-management/
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills and experience through their resume and application and be in pursuit of, have a 4-year degree, or have graduated within the previous 2 years with a degree in Library Sciences, Information/Data Management, or relevant field.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- At least 17 years of age
- Intern must be a current student or recent graduate (within two years of internship end date)
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for certain positions (documentation to be provided upon request)
- Ability to undergo a federal criminal history check
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to function independently and with a team
- Strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism
- Passion for public lands
- Understanding of BLM Multiple Use Policies
The intern must be willing to represent ACE and the BLM in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner. Drug users should not consider applying, as ACE reserves the right to require drug testing.
To Apply: Submit a:
- Well written, professional resume emphasizing your unique skills and experiences,
- Cover letter addressing these questions:
- Why are you applying for this position specifically?
- What skillsets do you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?
- What are your future career goals and interests?
- An up to date copy of your transcripts (unofficial is acceptable),
- One letter of recommendation from a professional or educational reference
Please use the APPLY NOW section located on the upper right hand corner of the position listing on our website here: https://usaconservationepic.applicantpool.com/jobs/
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that before you begin your application, visit our Tips for Applying page on our website.
Application Deadline: All BLM DHA applications will close on March 10th, 2017.
Note: Early consideration will be given as applications are received. This position can close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact the Diversity, Inclusion, and Special Project Manager, Katy Dalrymple at 385.249.7215 or email@example.com.
Please visit http://www.usaconservation.org/programs/epic-internship/dha-home/ for more information about the BLM Direct Hire Authority Internship Program.
Deadline: March 10th, 2017.