Approximate Date of Posting 2/9/2017
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Company/Organization Margaret Herrick Library The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences-
Schedule/Hours Interns are expected to work between 20 and 28 hours per week.
Time Frame June 12, 2017-August 11, 2017
The Margaret Herrick Library is a world-renowned, non-circulating reference and research collection devoted to the history and development of the motion picture as an art form and an industry. Established in 1928 and now located in Beverly Hills, the library is open to the public and used year-round by students, scholars, historians and industry professionals.
Academy summer internship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college student attending an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Have an overall 3.0 grade point average
- Exhibit an interest in the motion picture industry
- Have strong written, verbal and problem solving skills
Departments: Library, Programming, Preservation and Foundation Programs, Museum, Film Archive
- The program starts June 12, 2017-August 11, 2017
- The application deadline is March 23. 2017
- Internship hours are part-time (up to 28 hours per week and may vary based on project)
- Work will be project-driven and hands-on while providing you with more knowledge about the motion picture industry
- The summer internship also includes educational brown bag lunches, studio tours and other growth oriented and fun activities related to film
The Academy Film Archive offers a small number of summer internships to current students enrolled in archiving, film studies, library and information studies, or other conservation-related programs. Internships at the Archive are project-based and interns can expect to gain experience in the everyday workings of a film archive, be introduced to our cataloging and collection management systems, and develop skills in how to properly handle and inspect film and video material.
|DESCRIPTION||The Technical Services Department Intern works under the supervision of the library’s Head of Technical Services, with special projects assigned and supervised by the Scripts Librarian. The duties of the intern may include but are not limited to: accessioning, cataloging and circulating library materials (scripts, books, periodicals, etc.); cataloging in Voyager ILS, ContentDM and other databases. This internship also supports and performs clerical tasks that support the life cycle of library materials managed by the TSD.|
|EDUCATION||Please see job description.|
|POSITION||Technical Service Department Intern_Margaret Herrick Library|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 7,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the upcoming Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, which is under construction in Los Angeles.|
Deadline: March 23. 2017