Approximate Date of Posting March 2, 2017
Position: Academic Library Intern
Location: Interlochen, Michigan
Company/Organization Interlochen Center for the Arts
Time Frame 6/12/17-8/7/17
Stipend for the entire duration of the contract is $1,525.
Housing is provided for the dates contracted
All meals are included with your agreement- breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Source UMD MLIS Blog
This is a great internship opportunity for someone interested in librarianship as a career. This position serves the needs of the Interlochen Arts Camp by helping to provide campers, faculty, and staff with resources to support their arts specialty and personal interests while on campus.
- Duties include circulation, shelving, book processing, and implementing summer programs.
- This position also requires the ability to assist library patrons of various ages and interests with finding information by utilizing a variety of databases and the catalog.
- Other responsibilities may include summer projects ranging from collections management to work on the library website
- Applicants currently in an MLS program are preferred.
- Applicants must possess excellent customer service skills, proficiency with technology, attentiveness to detail, and a willingness to participate in a team environment.
- Experience with Mac OS and applications is desirable.