Approximate Date of Posting: March 2, 2017
Position: Intern – Knowledge Center
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Company/Organization Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Schedule/Hours: 10-12 weeks
Time Frame: Unspecified
The intern will work within the Knowledge Center Team. The Knowledge Center Team provides research and information services to Bank staff. We offer training on the online resources we make available to Bank staff. We help Bank staff obtain access to resources we offer and help with the acquisitions of resources for departments.
- Work with other Knowledge Center staff to provide reference services.
- Help review the Knowledge Center’s web pages, new employee orientation and marketing communications and make edits as needed.
- Support a project to digitize selected publications from the Bank’s Historical Collection.
- Continue a project to conserve and preserve videocassette tapes.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or recent graduate in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Experience using a variety of electronic resources to provide research Knowledge of current archival practices related digital projects including videocassette tapes
- Experience with imaging and digital technologies helpful
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and on multiple projects with different managers
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Position # Intern – Knowledge Center-249911