Approximate Date of Posting: March 7, 2017
Position: Archival Processing
Location:Salt Lake City, UT
Company/Organization The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints-Library Division of the Church History Department
Time Frame: anticipated to last one year (12 months
Source: Indeed https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=aca577af9c69ac7a&q=Paid+Library+Internship&tk=1bak661b81d58dpt&from=ja&alid=581b34e30cf2afb8b41c57d9&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts
Assist the Library Division of the Church History Department in cataloging oral history interviews and other archival records. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in archives. We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to join our team!
This is a paid internship, which is anticipated to last one year (12 months). This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) hourly, nonexempt position. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate- or graduate-degree program. Preference will be given to History, Library Science, English, or other language degree students or graduates.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
– Cataloging in MARC21 using Aleph library software
– Authority control
– Archive and manuscript processing
The Archivists Intern will be responsible to fulfill the following tasks:
– Create catalog records (using MARC21 and Aleph) for oral history interviews
– Edit oral history interview transcripts
– Review catalog work of others
Intern will work under the direction of the oral history cataloging coordinator and will receive training and/or day-to-day direction from her.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– Current pursuit of, or completion of, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in History, Library Science, English, or other language degree, or related field
– Great writing and typing skills.
– Strong organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
– Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
– Creative and flexible
– Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Available to work 40 hours per week, during regular working hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.