Approximate Date of Posting March 12, 2017
Position: Literature-Research Intern
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Company/Organization B Braun
Schedule/Hours 8 am – 5 pm
Time Frame Unspecified minimum of a ten to twelve week commitment
Source Indeed http://www.bbraunusa.com/
Braun’s Internship Program is designed to provide College and University enrolled or recently graduated students with a meaningful experience within the Life Sciences industry. The students are given an opportunity to gain a valuable corporate or operations learning experience through a finite project determined by each department. Projects vary for each intern assignment depending on the needs of the department, and each will provide the intern with both a meaningful and relevant work experience. Internships are a minimum of a ten to twelve week commitment. A mentor will be assigned to each intern to help guide them through their experience. Interns will be asked to conduct a presentation to their department outlining their internship experience.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Conduct comprehensive medical education literature searches
- Assess found published studies for relevance in the areas of vascular access, hazardous drug , and pain management educational outcomes
- Build applicable literature review databases. Our research efforts are focused on the motivation, knowledge, confidence, skills, attitudes, and behavioral impact of various clinical education interventions.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- An undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Library Sciences and/or Information Sciences.
- Student must be prepared to hit the ground running with relevant keywords that will be provided.
- Experience in conducting scholarly literature searches using one or more of the following search engines; Google Scholar, PubMed, Cochrane Library, EBSCO, ERIC, CABI, MedlinePlus, etc
- Must be enrolled in a related Bachelors or Masters Degree program.
- MS Office skills – Excel, Power point, Word, simple database management
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Completed Junior year of Bachelors Program