Approximate Date of Posting: March 24, 2017
Location: New York, New York
The majority of internships take place at the Rockefeller Center location. Select internships divide time between our Rockefeller Center office and Redstone, our pre- and post-shipping handling facility, in Long Island City. We also have opportunities in a selection of our regional offices including Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, California, Chicago, Illinois and Toronto, Canada.
Schedule/Hours: Full-Time & Part-Time
Time Frame: April 1st, 2017 – May 26, 2017
Christie’s is currently accepting applications for our paid Internship program that will expose individuals to the art world and auction industry through hands-on experience during the second half of the year. Depending on where the company and department are in their sale cycles, a persons’ tasks may include the following: administrative, research, cataloguing, assisting with sales, writing provenance documents, and other assigned projects.
Successful Christie’s applicants are not necessarily art history majors but have a passion for art and a strong desire to learn about the auction business. For certain departments, proficiency in another language, such as German, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish, is highly desired.
Placements are available in Specialist departments, select Business Support departments in and with both part-time and full-time availabilities*
Certain opportunities, divide time between the Rockefeller Center office and Redstone, Christie’s pre-and post-sale handling facility, located in Long Island City.
Successful applicants are placed in positions according to their background and areas of. Candidates may request specific departments through our online application and should be mentioned in their cover letters. These requests are taken into account but are not guaranteed.
In addition to working in assigned departments, accepted individuals should also attend orientation, auctions, and a presentation given by Human Resources on networking, interviewing techniques, and resume-writing tips.
International individuals may apply for a U.S. internship as long as they have the necessary visa status. Christie’s does not sponsor visas for work experience individuals.
- All candidates must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as Christie’s does not sponsor visas for entry level positions
- Candidates should be undergraduate students, masters students, or recently graduated individuals (within a year of graduation)
- All candidates should be available for the entirety of the internship and should prepare for their schedules for the time and workload commitment
- All accepted individuals must complete verification screenings.
- All applicants must apply online through Christies.com and complete the application titled “Spring 2017 Internship”
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to learn Christie’s systems
- Highly collaborative nature
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superior client service skills
- Experience with Research Libraries
General length for this program is roughly 18 weeks. All positions require a commitment of approximately 20/40 hours per week during the fall and winter months. Please be mindful of your schedule and/or course load before applying for an internship.
he dates for 2017 are as follows:
Spring session: 16 January – 26 May
Applications open: 17 October 2017
Deadline: 25 November 2017
Fall session: 21 August – 22 December
Applications open: 12 June 2017
Deadline: 14 July 2017
The dates for 2018 are as follows:
Spring session: 15 January – 25 May
Applications open: 16 October 2017
Deadline: 24 November 2017
Fall session: 20 August – 21 December
Applications open: 11 June 2018
Deadline: 13 July 2018