Approximate Date of Posting:March 24, 2017
Position: Information Governance-Intern
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Company/Organization Mylan Inc
Time Frame: Unspecified
Source: Indeed https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=f134b45e9b14eb15&q=Library+Science+Summer+Internship&tk=1bc248nc11da8aqo&from=ja&alid=5746e0c2e4b00f6d0c49474c&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts
- Support initiatives including, projects with the Global Information Security Office (GISO) Privacy, Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC), Records and Information Management (RIM)
- Support to project to harmonize retention schedules into one schedule by collaborating with business stakeholders, GRC and Legal.
- Support to project to migrate to a SaaS hybrid electronic/physical records management tool.
- Provide support to the Privacy, GRC and RIM programs, for example, inventorying of records, and projects, for example, providing records access and administration of database applications.
- Collaborate with various departments, business stakeholders and external vendors who work closely with the RIM, Privacy and GRC as part of our IGRC Team, for example, efforts related to EU GDRP compliance, DPA filings, defensible disposal, records coordinator collaboration, and data classification.
- Conduct research; analyze and synthesize data; prepare reports.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets with relevant data to help with metrics and measurements tasks.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate would preferably be pursuing an MLIS (Master of Library and Information Sciences), Information Governance or Information Security degree with archival, database, information sciences or records management specializations. Will consider graduate and undergraduate students. Minimum GPA 3.0.A minimum 3.0 GPA is strongly preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Must possess knowledge of general business concepts.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical skills and project management skills.
Very strong Microsoft Office (full suite of products) knowledge and skills. Familiarity with database administration not required, but a plus.
Ability to work well under pressure with a can do attitude in a deadline oriented environment.
Ability to read and interpret general business and legal documents.
Strong motivation to learn, willingness to be a team player yet operate independently as required.
Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required