Approximate Date of Posting: March 23, 2017
Position: Summer Librarian
Location: Bethesda, MD
Company/Organization Summer Librarian – MARTEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. – Bethesda, MD
MARTEK GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. has a contract to provide Library Support Services to the National Science Foundation in Arlington, VA. They are in final preparations for the relocation to their new building in Alexandria plus they expect numerous digital objects returning from a scanning project at the same time. So, long story short, they need some extra help.
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours a week
Time Frame: June 26th to August 25th (9 weeks)
Source: Catholic Universityhttp://cuaslis.org/wp/paid-summer-librarian-martek-global-services-inc-bethesda-md/
Description:This person will have to pass the government security process prior June 26th, the sooner we can identify the right person and get them cleared the better. The security process can take 6-8 weeks so please contact Pete Kendrick right away if you are interested.
In this position, the Librarian takes primary lead in the production of monthly, quarterly and yearly Management Information System reporting.
- Supports all budget and financial information reporting, project work, resource planning, staffing and space management.
- Analyzes elements of a problem or situation and identify potential solutions
- Observes discrepancies, trends, and interrelationships in data or activities
- Executes and maintains the business and reporting process.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Librarian must be flexible and well-rounded and able to work well with diverse groups. Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. The Librarian must have the following experience:
- OCLC/ WorldShare and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) procedures
- Inventory /Weeding / Deaccession
- Cataloging in RDA (Resource Description and Access) experience (copy & original)
- Working in a small library
- Ability to perform a variety of library functions
- Must be experience with Microsoft applications, i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint, and Information Management
- Some SQL experience would be a plus
- Querying databases
- Digitization and metadata application experience
Additionally, the individual must be comfortable;
- Gathering statistics on journal usage, circulation, and cataloging
- Collections development including book selection
- Using Open source software, i.e. Koha and Islandora
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Three (3) years of related work experience in a business setting and has the ability to initiate, develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with co-workers, management and other internal customers.
Additional Required Knowledge and Skills
This position requires strong analytic skills with demonstrable proficiency and experience in formatting spreadsheets, creating formulas, macros, database tables, queries, forms and reports. Additional requirements are strong communication skills, organizational and time management skills.