Approximate date of posting April 6, 2017
Position: Corporate Librarian Intern
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Company/Organization American Society of Clinical Onology
Schedule/Hours 30 hours per week with flexibility.
Time Frame 10 weeks during Summer 2017. Start and end dates to be customized based on successful candidate’s class schedules.
Compensation: Additionally, ASCO will provide parking or a metro subsidy to the successful candidate.
Source Catholic University of America http://cuaslis.org/wp/asco-corporate-librarian-intern-alexandria-va-paid/
Are you interested in pursuing a rewarding internship within a premier and growing non-profit organization, while gaining experience in archive and records management? Do you desire a position that entails multiple responsibilities while giving you the chance to enhance your skills?
Who we are:
With more than 40,000 medical professional members from over 125 countries worldwide, ASCO is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care. It’s an exciting time to be at ASCO; we’re closer than ever before to making huge strides against many of the hardest cancers to treat and continuously working to improve the lives of the millions of cancer survivors around the world.
This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers subsidized parking or Metro benefits. To learn more about ASCO, visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
A highly motivated Corporate Librarian Intern with hands-on archive and records management experience to join our Communications and Patient Information department. The Corporate Librarian Intern will work to create and implement an organization-wide archive system that establishes a centralized resource for the Society and protects its historical artifacts. Day-to-day responsibilities will include gathering information about existing assets, then collecting, organizing, and cataloguing digital and physical records and intellectual properties. The environment is fast-paced and complex and the Corporate Librarian Intern is expected to hit the ground running.
What you will do:
- In collaboration with corporate and information technology personnel, implement an organization-wide records management program to improve business outcomes
- Research, plan, and recommend archival protocols, policies and procedures for collecting, culling and cataloguing historical records
- Identify, appraise, and arrange Microsoft Office documents, photographs, audio and design files, and video records
- Working closely with appropriate key staff, provide centralized access to ASCO’s historical materials once system is in place
- Serve as a primary contact for our archival and special collections materials during the internship
- Respond to internal and external requests for material from archive in a timely manner
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or a related field, or currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program in library science or related field
- Relevant experience with archive and records management
- Ability to apply and adhere to archival standards and best practices
- Keen knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires juggling multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative attitude and sense of teamwork
To apply for the internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: