Approximate Date of Posting: April 26, 2017
Position:Intranet Student Intern
Location: Buffalo, NY
Company/Organization Cannon Design
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Intranet Student Intern to work on a full or part-time temporary basis in our Buffalo, NY or New York, NY offices. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
Schedule/Hours: Full or Part time
Time Frame: Unspecified
- Working with a wide group of teams to update page layouts and archive outdated documents, clean up keywords and structure to enhance search results, and support the revision of an ongoing strategy that ensures the best content is the easiest to access.
- Work in a diverse setting across multiple markets including corporate, healthcare, and education.
- Assist with intranet management and archival processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance the findability of key documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must be working towards a Bachelor or Master in Communications, MLIS or related. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, tech-savvy, an interest in digital asset management, knowledge of taxonomy and archival principles, familiarity with image databases or content management systems, excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to work well independently or in a team setting. The ideal intern will be interested in supporting and learning more about digital asset management in a dynamic design firm. Knowledge of the education, healthcare, or corporate industries and/or knowledge of architecture and design trends is a plus. Microsoft Office skills required.