Approximate Date of Posting: May 2, 2017
Position: Library Science Graduate Intern
Company/Organization Jet Propulsion Lab
Schedule/Hours: full time (40 hours per week)
Time Frame: Summer internships begin in May and June, on the first business day of each week
Students must be available full time for at least 10-weeks in the summer
Compensation: Participants receive a weekly stipend.
Program participants have the option of living in the Caltech dormitories for the summer guest housing rate. Rates are the discretion of the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and are subject to change.
– Program participants have access to JPL parking facilities for no charge. Public transportation options are also available.
Source: Indeed https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=b4509085a0c5eb14&q=Library+Science+Summer+Internship&tk=1bf44kph51d9p84c&from=ja&alid=5746e0c2e4b00f6d0c49474c&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts&rgtk=1bf44kph51d9p84c
The Postdoc Administration Office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory is seeking a graduate student to research its postdoc alumni records. The successful applicant will work with the postdoc administrator, associate, and the JPL Library to investigate where postdoc alumni are today. This includes, but are not limited to: current employer, position, publication records, and geographical location.
Qualifications: Candidates must:
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate program in Library/Information Science
- Have a GPA of 3.0+
- Experience in archiving including online records research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness.
- Candidates with prior research experience are preferred.
- Demonstration of previous research work and outcomes are desired.