Approximate Date of Posting: May 2, 2017
Position: Research Intern
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
Schedule/Hours: 20 hours/week
Time Frame: Summer
The intern will work with a Research Services Manager to support resource management, business development research, and department projects. Intern will receive mentoring and training and will be given opportunities to work with researchers across Navigant’s four segments. Intern may handle some research requests directly.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Library and Information Science, Information Management, or Informatics
- Experience or strong interest in Corporate/Industry/Legal research
- Knowledge of database structure and standards
- Coursework or professional experience in Knowledge or Information Management
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Comfortable with a fast-paced business environment
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated familiarity with business communication etiquette is a plus.
- Background or educational/professional experience one of the following areas:
- Life Sciences/Healthcare
- Corporate business development
- Experience using subscription resources like Factiva, Lexis, Capital IQ, SNL, Bloomberg, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- SharePoint experience
- Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Occasionally stoops, reaches or kneels as necessary to reach into overhead or low cabinets
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment