Approximate Date of Posting: May 4, 2017
Position: Assistant Archivist
Location: Caldwell, Idaho
Company/Organization Caldwell Public Library
Caldwell Public Library is seeking an archivist intern to work with library staff in processing materials in the library’s special collection. Caldwell Public Library has amassed a collection containing correspondence, reports, audio and video recordings, maps, photographs, and other documents. The archivist intern will help organize, select, catalog, and process materials that will be housed in the library’s special collection.
Time Frame: June 1st to August 15th, 2017.
Compensation $1,500.00 /
Source: Indeed https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=ec2003e80e0f6ed6&q=Library+Science+Summer+Internship&tk=1bf975d911d9pf96&from=ja&alid=5746e0c2e4b00f6d0c49474c&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts&rgtk=1bf975d911d9pf96
The specific duties of this internship may include:
- Helping identify and assess the archival value of materials;
- processing the collection, including physical arrangement (sorting, boxing, labeling);
- inventory and description of materials;
- creating database records;
- creating collection guides and other basic finding aids
- communicating with library staff
- junior or senior in college
- working toward a degree in history, records management, or similar field
- able to sort and organize various materials by subject
- have a working knowledge and understanding of the Dewey Decimal system
- have a basic understanding of library cataloging and classification
- Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation (must be from a professor in student’s major).
Deadline: May 27, 2017