Approximate Date of Posting: May 4, 2017
Position: Corporate Library Intern
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Company/Organization Analog Devices
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a leading provider of high-performance signal processing technologies. The library supports informed technical and business decision-making and innovation throughout ADI by providing online access to quality scientific, technical, business, and market research resources and services across the company’s worldwide locations.
Schedule/Hours: Mon to Fri 8:00-5:00 (40 hrs/week)
Time Frame: June 2017- at least 8 weeks
Compensation Competitive hourly pay plus transportation and housing stipends available for eligible interns.
Source: SLA-Science & Technology
The primary focus of the internship will be working with library staff to evaluate options for fulfilling the company’s global needs for industry standards (published by ANSI, IEC, ISO, etc.) including factors such as:
- Needs assessment
- Content coverage
- Pricing and licensing models
- Usability for librarians and end-users
- Implementation and maintenance requirements
- Availability of usage statistics
- Options for integration with EBSCO Discovery Service
This internship will provide valuable opportunities to work closely with a small team and gain insight into many different aspects of corporate library operations as well as hands-on experience with stakeholder engagement, product evaluation and vendor negotiations, and a variety of library services such as patent searching, research assistance, and document delivery.
- Enrollment in or recent graduation from an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree program in library and information science
- Strong team player with a results-oriented approach
- Able to balance attention to detail with real-world time and resource constraints
- Comfortable working with both local and remote team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable with basic business software such as Microsoft Office
- Experience with library product evaluation and/or vendor negotiations is a plus
- Professional enthusiasm, curiosity, flexibility, persistence, and a sense of humor are also a plus!
Please apply online at