Approximate Date of Posting: May 9, 2017
Eligibility reserved for students who are currently enrolled in or interested in pursuing a degree from an ALA-accredited master’s program in library or information studies, or archiving or within 6 months post-graduation
Position: Library Intern
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Company/Organization CNN/Turner Broadcasting
Time Frame: September 11th through December 8th.
Compensation paid at or above minimum-wage based on location
Source: Indeed https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=b46a566919ad44a7&q=Paid+Library+Internship&tk=1bfm8mgjt05kl7ia&from=ja&alid=581b34e30cf2afb8b41c57d9&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts&rgtk=1bfm8mgjt05kl7ia
What will you be doing?
- Video interns will work with CNN’s archive collection through such projects as applying metadata to archived footage, working with bureau field tape collections, and learning about videotape preservation.
- The video interns will assist archive librarians on our video reference desk, providing video research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
- Editorial research interns will participate in various projects using a variety of subscription-based databases, traditional reference sources, and the Internet.
- They will help on our reference desk, providing information research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
What do we need from you?
- Students must currently be enrolled in or interested in pursuing a degree from an ALA-accredited master’s program in library or information studies, or archiving.
- Candidates should have an interest in information studies and journalism, and should be a highly motivated self-starter who is adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Candidates must have superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent current events awareness.
- Ability to work independently and creatively and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously a must.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are a top priority.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner’s Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.