Approximate Date of Posting: June 21, 2017
Position: Video Archive Library Trainee
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Company/Organization Turner/Division of Time Warner
Time Frame: September 11th through December 8th
Compensation nterns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location
What will you be doing?
- Video interns will work with CNN’s archive collection through such projects as applying metadata to archived footage, working with bureau field tape collections, and learning about videotape preservation.
- The video interns will assist archive librarians on our video reference desk, providing video research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
- Editorial research interns will participate in various projects using a variety of subscription-based databases, traditional reference sources, and the Internet.
- They will help on our reference desk, providing information research to CNN news staff worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
What do we need from you?
- Students must currently be enrolled in or interested in pursuing a degree from an ALA-accredited master’s program in library or information studies, or archiving.
- Candidates should have an interest in information studies and journalism, and should be a highly motivated self-starter who is adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Candidates must have superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent current events awareness.
- Ability to work independently and creatively and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously a must.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are a top priority.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.