Approximate Date of Posting: June 28, 2017
Position: Digital Intern
Location: New York, New York
Company/Organization New York Academy Of Medicine Library
Schedule/Hours: 2 days per week- Approximately 10 hours a week
between the hours of 10:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
Time Frame: 12 weeks- starting August
The New York Academy of Medicine’s Library is looking for a digital intern to work in the Library’s digital program. The internship will provide hands-on experience with creating and editing metadata for digitization projects, and conducting quality control of scanned images and digital collections.
The Intern will have an opportunity to learn about the digitization process and how to build digital collections.
We are looking for an intern who is imaginative and interested in learning more about developing digital collections and how metadata is used to enhance collections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct quality control on scanned images and digital collections
- Collect, edit, create and organize metadata according to standards
- Count pages of volumes as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with metadata schemas (e.g. MODS, Dublin Core, MARC, IPTC etc.)
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, OCLC
- Familiarity with technology, digital collections, and/or digital humanities projects
- Coursework in Library and Information Science
Please forward cover letter and resume with “Digital Intern” in the subject line to email@example.com. Please also outline your academic needs for obtaining course credit, if applicable
Deadline: Deadline: July 14, 2017.
ALLISON E. PIAZZA, MLIS Reference Services and Outreach Librarian
The New York Academy of Medicine LIBRARY
1216 Fifth Avenue | New York, NY 10029