Approximate Date of Posting: June 27, 2017
Position: Translations Office Technician
Caveat: Reading and writing fluency in Spanish
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Company/Organization Zimmerman Associates
Calling all library students or recent library school grads seeking a challenging, dynamic, and nontraditional full-time position…!
ZAI has an immediate need for a Translations Office Technician in support of the NIH Library in Bethesda, Maryland. A division of the NIH Library, the Translations Office provides translations of materials including research publications; letters; educational records, such as diplomas and transcripts; and personal records, such as medical records.
Time Frame: Unspecified
Source: Catholic University
The duties of the Translations Office Technician include facilitating customers’ translations requests, which entails intaking, assigning, and tracking translations as well as collecting, managing, analyzing, and reporting Translations Office statistics.
This position also supports the administrative of the Translations Office staff, which include two onsite translators. The Translations Office reports directly to the NIH Library Director.
- Assigns translation requests to in house translators or contract translation agencies
- Monitors progress of translations using spreadsheets and online tracking tools
- Initially reviews translations from contract translation agencies for quality assurance based on accuracy, completeness, format of numbers, dates, currency symbols, etc.
- Returns incomplete and inadequate translations to contract translation agency for completion
- Compiles and produces monthly statistical reports and on an as-needed basis
- Maintains a spreadsheet of contract translation agencies, said agencies addresses, points of contact, fees, quality of service, and other criteria
- Identifies potential translation agencies or agents
- Serves as Maryland notary public
- Presents project updates at interdepartmental meetings
- Supports the Translations Office with special projects, on an as-needed basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented setting
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1-2 years’ prior library experience
- Reading and writing fluency in Spanish
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Jill Konieczko at email@example.com.