Approximate Date of Posting: June 27, 2017
Position: Records Management
Location: Auburn Hills – Michigan
BorgWarner is one of the world’s leading developers and suppliers of key technologies for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles.
Time Frame: Unspecified
his position provides oversight of records storage internally at World Headquarters (“WHQ”) and at approved storage locations offsite. Records oversight includes maintenance of an inventory of stored records, location and retrieval of records internally and from offsite storage as needed by the business, and coordination with and management of costs associated with storage vendors. The position interacts with functional groups including, Law, Finance, Tax, Human Resources, Information Technology (“IT”) and Engineering. The position will maintain general knowledge of the storage practices of BorgWarner Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide (“BW”) and will support records management policy adherence and training worldwide, assist in and oversee implementation of accepted recommendations for improvement arising from third party review of BW’s information management program. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY
- Establish and maintain a centralized inventory of stored records that affords efficient and effective records retrieval.
- Develop, implement and manage the records management strategic and tactical plans, including policies, procedures, and processes.
- Inventory and classify the Company’s records to determine their legal, fiscal, operational, and any secondary (historical, research, etc.) value.
- Provide guidance to increase global compliance with legal, regulatory, and operational requirements and decrease risk of exposure in litigation.
- Improve compliance with Records Management Policy and Retention Schedule through education, training and self-assessments.
- Support functions in responding to information requests requiring historical information (such as tax and other audits).
- Facilitate physical and electronic records management for plant closures.
- Manage the Company’s relationship and interaction with providers of offsite storage services.
- Serve as liaison to the various businesses and departments, keeping them apprised of developments in the records retention and disposition program.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree (Library Science, Paralegal, Accounting or Finance degree preferred.)
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in a corporate professional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization and multitasking skills.
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to information learned as a result of involvement regarding matters being handled.
- Proven success in working independently, as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Able to lift 40 lbs overhead.