Approximate Date of Posting: August 2, 2017
Position: Library Resources
- Undergrad, graduate student, recent grad or career changer
- Interest in working in a library environment and learning related skill sets.
- Willingness to learn about library processes and procedures.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working in a library, and or course work in library science preferred.
- Knowledge of Office products, including MS Word or Excel helpful.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Company/Organization Museum of Science, Boston Educator Resource Center in the Lyman Library
Schedule/Hours: Minimum of 7 – 14 hours per week. Must be available Saturdays and 1 weekday Tuesday-Friday.
Time Frame: Fall 2017 (September-December)
Compensation $11.25 an hour
Intern benefits include free parking in the Museum garage, close proximity to the Green Line, free admission, discounts in the Museum store and café and much more!
Description: The Educator Resource Center in the Lyman Library is the information hub for the Museum of Science. The ERC houses an extensive collection of books, journals and media that support the exploration of science, engineering, math, and technology topics by staff, volunteers, and educators in New England.
The Library Resources intern would take a lead role in circulating and shelving materials. This individual will also help maintain the collection, process new materials, and assist in projects to improve library organization and efficiency. This intern will also help support teacher patrons in library by assisting with wayfinding and reference questions.
- Assist with circulation (includes checking materials in and out of the library, monitoring book drop)
- Help maintain the collection (includes shelving and shelf reading).
- Process new materials to be added to library collection
- Assist in projects to improve library organization and efficiency (may include generating subject-specific bibliographies and reference lists, re-organizing Ready Reference files, assisting in library inventory and collection development.).
- This intern will also help support teacher patrons in library by assisting with wayfinding and reference questions.
- The intern will also occasionally assist in projects supporting our teacher enrichment work by greeting/checking in workshop participants, and assisting with teacher mailings.
How to Apply https://mosinternships.applicantpro.com/jobs/611848.html
Deadline: No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.