Approximate Date of Posting: August 12, 2017
Position: Computer Help Intern
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Company/Organization City of Clearwater Library Department
Schedule/Hours: The work schedule may include nights and weekends. The selected candidate will be paid an hourly rate, but will not be eligible for benefits, and will work approximately 20 hours per week for a period of 12 months.
Time Frame: 12 months
Compensation $8.05 – $13 per hour based on education level
Computer Help Intern: The Computer Help Intern works with volunteers and library staff at five Clearwater Library locations to assist patrons with the use of smart phones, tablets, e-readers, laptops, software and databases during appointment-based, one-on-one computer assistance; setting up class laptops; staying current with emerging technologies; tracking and reporting program attendance; and other associated projects, such as creating and updating e-reader and other technology tutorials. This intern may also assist at the Reference Desk and with other projects as required. Travel between branches is required.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program or have graduated within the last 12 months.
- Library science student are encouraged to apply, but a library background is not required for these positions.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population of library patrons, including children and older adults.
- Patience and good customer service.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- A genuine enjoyment for learning new skills.
Interested individuals can submit completed applications to the Human Resources Department and/or any branch of the Clearwater Library System
For more information about this position, please contact Michael Robinson at email@example.com or 727-562-4970.