Approximate date of posting may 17, 2018
Master student in Information science or Archives and Preservation program is strongly preferred
- Must have experience in working on a thesaurus and digital documents.
- Knowledge of the International Archiving Standards
- Knowledge of physical and intellectual classification scheme
- Interest and experience in art history a plus
Location: New York, New York
Company/Organization Van Cleef & Arpels Founded in 1906 in Paris’ Place Vendôme, Van Cleef & Arpels came into being following Alfred Van Cleef’s marriage to Estelle Arpels in 1895. For more than a century now, their names have been associated with some of the most exquisite High Jewelry ever created. Over the years, the Maison has remained faithful to a highly distinctive style characterized by creativity, refinement, poetry and enchantment. Whether inspired by nature, couture or works of the imagination, its creations evoke a timeless world of beauty and harmony.
Time Frame A minimum of 6 month duration
Compensation: $15.0 per hour
The Archives intern will assist the Patrimony department in the elaboration of the general inventory, collecting, preserving, communicating, and enhancing the Archives collection.
- General inventory of the physical archives and creation of precise reports on its volume
- General and daily preservation of the archives collection
- Assist in the packing/repacking, moving, consolidation, reorganization, and classification of the archives
- Accurately name, index and classify the documents which are already digitized
- Upload all digitized documents to DAM
- Digitization: follow up and verification
- Collaborate with the Patrimony department in France