Title: 2018-2020 Samuel H. Kress Fellowship
Approximate date of posting May 21, 2018
Position: Samuel H. Kress Fellowship
Eligibility: Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program for library and information science conferred in 2017 or after.
Company/Organization The New York Art Resources Consortium (NYARC), comprised of the research libraries of The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), The Frick Collection, and the Brooklyn Museum, invites applications for a Fellow position generously funded by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation. This fellowship will provide an emerging librarian with a unique opportunity to learn the operations of three leading art museum libraries, experience hands-on training in the field of public information services, and gain an in-depth understanding of developing digital tools for researchers in the field.
Schedule/Hours Full-time (35 hours/week)
Time Frame The Fellowship begins in September, 2018 and concludes at the end of August, 2020.
Source: CUA SLIS and LIS Alumni Group <firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: The Kress Fellow will work at each institution for 8 months each for a total of 24 months in the Fellow position. The Fellowship begins in September, 2018 and concludes at the end of August, 2020.
Reports to the Chief of Public Services at the Frick, the Reader Services Librarian at MoMA, and the Brooklyn Museum Archivist and Librarian. The Fellow will collaborate with senior staff to co-develop responsibilities, expectations, and projects for each rotation assignment. The Fellow will receive regular feedback on performance and development. The Fellow will actively participate in Library committees, meetings, and events.
- Assist staff and public patrons with research questions posed to the library and archives of each institution; answer reference questions via email; conduct instructional library and research tool sessions for patrons; engage in outreach programs to promote NYARC’s web archive collection of art research materials, and support circulation activities.
- Serve as member of the Working Group for NYARC Discoverysearch tool that is part of NYARC’s Andrew W. Mellon Foundation-funded web archiving program to capture, archive, and provide access to born-digital art research materials.
- Coordinate efforts with other departments within each museum such as Digital Media, Marketing and Communications, and Education to promote NYARC’s research resources through social media platforms and other outreach.
- Contribute to the goals of institution-specific library initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply: Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “2018-2020 Samuel H. Kress Fellowship” in the subject line.
Deadline: June 15, 2018