Approximate date of posting May 29, 2018
Position: LIBRARY INTERN, HISTORY MEDICINE
Eligibility Required: Current enrollment in an accredited graduate archival studies, public history, or information and library science program; or enrollment in a related graduate program combined with archival experience or training Prior experience in a special collections setting and/or completion of at least one course in archival theory and practice; interest and/or academic background in history of medicine.
Location: Durham, NC
Company/Organization Duke University and Duke University Health System
Schedule/Hours 15 hours per week Hours are flexible within a M-F, 8:30-5:00 work week (some evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required), but interns are expected to set and maintain a consistent schedule
Time Frame academic year (9 months)
Compensation: $16.50 per hour
Description: Under the supervision of the Curator of the History of Medicine Collections, this position will provide support for public services and collection development activities of the History of Medicine.
• Provides reference services for HoM users, including those who visit in person and those inquiring remotely.
• Assists with library instruction, including meeting with instructors,selecting materials,teaching classes, and participating in instructional assessment.
• Assists with public programming and other outreach activities such as website development and maintenance, newsletter production, social media, and exhibitions.
• Assists with collection development activities such as catalog searching and collections intake.
• Assists librarians with special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned
How to Apply: An electronic resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references should be submitted at: https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply. Refer to requisition # 401401880 Job Code59 LIBRARY INTERN
Deadline: Application Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.