Approximate date of posting 25-May-2018
Position: Archives Intern
Eligibility Enrollment in graduate degree program in Library Science.
Location: New York-Brooklyn
Time Frame Unspecified
Description: This is an exciting opportunity to join HSBC’s team of archivists spanning London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the unit’s activities to capture, preserve and promote the historical archives of HSBC in the US, including legacy firms.
Under supervision of the US Corporate Archivist, the student intern will provide cataloging and archival processing assistance. Specific duties include:
- clean up of legacy data in archival catalog system
- creating new catalog records as necessary
- digitizing archival recordsnew
- assisting with reference requests
- assisting with tours and presentations in the archive
This is an exciting opportunity for a student to learn cataloging, digitizing, and reference skills in a corporate archives and use cutting edge digital archives technology.
- Knowledge of and proficient use of Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word and cataloging databases in general.
- Knowledge of cataloging standards, metadata and archival description required; familiarity with digitization practices and standards; familiarity with DACs, EAD, MARC or AARCR2 helpful.
- Successful candidate will have experience processing manuscript or organizational papers, writing traditional finding aids and will be comfortable with analog, digital and born digital materials.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a team as well as autonomously, flexibility to adjust to changing priorities, and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing is essential. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is interested in working on a variety of projects.
- Knowledge of or experience with financial information and collections helpful.
How to Apply: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=0000B2M7&lang=en-gb