Approximate date of posting June 13, 2018
Position: Archives Research & Processing Fellowship
Eligibility Graduate coursework in Art History or Library/Archival Science. Must be currently enrolled student, or starting in Fall 2018.
Location: New York, New York
Company/Organization New Museum
Schedule/Hours Applicants who are selected for the position are expected to keep regular weekly hours, to be negotiated in advance with the Archivist,
Time Frame temporary 8-12 month position
Compensation: paid with a monthly stipend. Course credit may be arranged.
Description:. The New Museum Archives seeks an Archives Research & Processing Fellow to support the processing of records in the New Museum’s collections. The New Museum Archives document the New Museum’s history of presenting groundbreaking exhibitions, performances, public programs and civic initiatives, spanning from its founding in 1977 to the present day. Reporting to the New Museum Archivist, the fellow will assist with all aspects of collections processing, with tasks including:
- Conducting research to identify records and relationships between record groups.
• Assisting with the creation of finding aids and container lists.
• Identifying items in need of preservation intervention.
• Cataloging and re-housing photographic materials.
• Identifying subjects and events in archival photographs.
• Recommending items for digitization.
• Assisting with digitization workflows, as needed.
Website: https://www.newmuseum.org/ https://metro.org/jobs/ARCHIVES-RESEARCH-PROCESSING-FELLOWSHIP-NEW-MUSEUM: send a cover letter, list of three references, and current resume with links to portfolios and writings to email@example.com with subject line “Archives Research Fellowship”. Professional and academic letters of recommendation are welcome, and may be sent separately.
Deadline: Application reviews will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.