Title: 2018 Fall Fellowship in Dance Archiving and Preservation-IL
Approximate date of posting June 19, 2018
Position: Dance Archiving and Preservation
Eligibility MLIS Students & Recent Grads
Current full- or part-time enrollment in an ALA-accredited graduate program through (at least) Spring 2018. Students in other Master’s or PhD programs will be considered if they demonstrate relevant experience and strong interest in archival work
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Company/Organization Dance/USA- Chicago Dance History Project
Schedule/Hours Approximately 400 hours total-must be available to work at least 20 hours per week through the Fall semester 2018.
Time Frame starting August 2018
Compensation: Stipend: $8,000
Description of Projects:
• Work with CDHP Executive Director and Joel Hall Dancers Artistic Director to select and digitize a sampling of archival materials for exhibition in CDHP’s digital library
• Work with CDHP Executive Director to devise a system, organizational structure, and metadata template for cataloguing archival dance footage
• Digitize archival dance footage in a variety of formats
• With CDHP Executive Director, conduct visits to local institutions holding dance documentation, in order to assess the scope, condition, and usage of the materials.
• Keep a blog sharing findings from the Fellowship and assist with evaluation of the program.
How to Apply: Submit a resume, list of references, and a Vision, Values, and Goal Statement explaining what the applicant hopes to contribute to and gain from the Fellowship and how this opportunity aligns with career goals. This statement should highlight any experience or connection with dance/performing arts and dance legacy materials.
Please send a letter of application, resume, and contact and relationship (e.g. professor, supervisor) information for 3 references as one PDF named “Lastname_Firstname.pdf”
POC: Tevin Giddens, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Deadline: July 15, 2018