Approximate date of posting June 17, 2018
Position: Library Intern Humanities Section / Research and Instructional Services department (CUS-Research Svcs Req # 401426692)
Eligibility A/BS and current enrollment in an MLS/MIS program accredited by the American Library Association. r and completion of one semester’s work which should include basic courses in reference and technical services. Interest in a career in academic librarianship; demonstrated interest in or past experience with teaching or training; experience or degree in a Humanities field.
Location: Durham, NC
Company/Organization Duke University
Schedule/Hours 19 hours per week Hours are flexible within aM-F, 8:30-5:00 work week, (some evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required) but inters are expected to set and maintain a consistent schedule.
Time Frame 9 months, academic year
Compensation: $16.50 an hour
Under the supervision of the Humanities Section Head in Research and Instructional Services department, this position will work closely with subject librarians whose work includes research services, instruction, collection development, and outreach. This mix of responsibilities will depend on the needs of the department, and the background and interest of the successful candidate.
- Provides research support and performs circulation duties at a public service desk
- Assists library users through the Ask a Librarian service via chat and email
- Assists with collection development activities such as catalog searching, resource selection, and assisting with collection analysis projects
- Participates in the Library’s instructional program, particularly for first-year writing
- Serves as a Residence Hall Librarian
- Creates research and instruction tools
- Assists with outreach activities such as special events and programs, writing blog posts, and creating handouts
- Other special projects and duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities
How to Apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&jobId=1257659&partnerid=25017&siteid=5172#jobDetails=1257659_5172