Approximate date of posting June 15, 2018
Position: Library Intern Continuing Resource Acquisitions (CRA) Department (CUST-TS Continuing Acquisitions # 401457603)
Eligibility BA/BS and current enrollment in an MLS/MIS program accredited by the American Library Association. Work requires current enrollment in an ALA accredited Master of Library Science program and completion of one semester’s work which should include basic courses in reference and technical services.
Experience: Required: Strong analytical and organizational skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as a member of a team; detail-oriented.
Preferred: Interest in a career in academic librarianship, particularly in acquisitions, collection development and assessment, or related areas.
Location: Durham, NC
Company/Organization Duke University
Schedule/Hours 19.5 hours per week Hours are flexible within aM-F, 8:30-5:00 work week, (some evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required) but interns are expected to set and maintain a consistent schedule.
Time Frame 9 months, academic year
Compensation: $16.50 an hour
- Continuing Resource Acquisitions (CRA) Department staff manage many of the critical aspects of the electronic resources life cycle, including e-resource trials, licensing, continuing resource orders, e-resource assessment, access verification/activation, knowledge base maintenance, and e- resource troubleshooting. Under the supervision of the Electronic Resources Management Librarian, this position will work closely with CRA staff on e-resource licensing and continuing resource acquisitions. The exact mix of responsibilities will depend on the needs of the department, and the background and interests of the successful candidate.
- Support the DUL Licensing Team through management of license documents and review of license agreements
- Support continuing resource acquisitions activities, including reconciling and documenting title lists, reviewing and processing renewals, and researching problem titles
- Contribute to knowledge base and ILS data normalization projects for continuing resources
- Contribute to price data and COUNTER usage data gathering and reporting in support of collections assessment
- Participate in CRA department meetings, Technical Services division forums, and other DUL and university events, as appropriate.
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned
How to Apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25017&siteid=5172#jobDetails=1268949_5172