Approximate date of posting August 5, 2018
Position: Biomedical Library Internship available immediately
Eligibility Current graduate student in ALA accredited library or information science program or related discipline.
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Company/Organization University of PennsylvaniaThe Biomedical Library operates as an integral part of the Penn Libraries system and provides cutting-edge research services and information resources for the University of Pennsylvania Health System; the Perelman School of Medicine, including Biomedical Graduate Studies; the School of Nursing; various masters programs; and the Department of Biology.
Schedule/Hours Flexible: up to 20 hours per week
Time Frame One year long
Description: The University of Pennsylvania Biomedical Library seeks an energetic Intern to participate as a full member of our Information Services team, receive mentoring by our progressive and seasoned team of professional librarians, and jumpstart your career as an information professional.
This is a great opportunity for exposure to the workings of academic and specialized libraries.
- Participate in Biomedical Library’s week-day reference rotation schedule by providing reference and consultation services to patrons (faculty, clinicians, staff and students) in-person, by phone and virtually (e-mail and chat).
- Participate in Biomedical Library’s virtual weekend reference rotation, which can be done remotely.
- Assist team of professional librarians with projects relating to:
- Systematic Reviews of the literature
- Mobile resources
- Research impact assessments
- Knowledge management and data visualization
- Community health partnerships, programs, and outreach
- New technologies and resources
- Course-integrated instruction and library-sponsored workshops and presentations
- Online tutorials and courseware
- Research guides
- Contribute to the library’s social media accounts
- Tell us your ideas for self-defined projects in your area(s) of interest!
How to Apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
POC: Barbara Cavanaugh
Please write “Biomedical Library Internship” in the subject line.
Deadline: until filled