Approximate date of posting August 8, 2018
Position: Archival Processing Intern
Eligibility Current enrollment in an undergraduate program or a recent May 2018 graduate.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Company/Organization Minneapolis Central Library-Hennepin County Library
Schedule/Hours 15 hours per week
Time Frame three months, September – November 2018, with the possibility of extending through the end of December 2018
Compensation: $15.00 hourly
Description: Hennepin County Library‘s Special Collections, Preservation & Digitization Department is seeking a student intern for an archival processing project. Under the direction of the department’s archivist, the intern will work on processing portions of the records of the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board.
he primary duties and responsibilities of this position includes:
- Review of the collection for storage condition evaluation and improvement.
- Identification and separation of oversized materials from the collection.
- Finding aid additions and improvements.
- Digital scanning and metadata development for some of the oversized content.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program or a recent May 2018 graduate.
- Processing archival collections.
- Digitizing different material types using multiple digital scanning devices.
- Creating descriptive metadata.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform successfully routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to:
- Communicate instructions clearly.
- Learn work processes quickly.
- Work independently.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and task assignments.
How to Apply https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hennepin/jobs/2169032/intern-library-archival-park-board-collection?keywords=internship&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs