Approximate date of posting August 8, 2018
Position: Archives Intern
Eligibility Current enrollment in an undergraduate program or a recent May 2018 graduate.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Company/Organization Minneapolis Central Library-Hennepin County Library
Schedule/Hours 15 hours per week
Time Frame three months, September – November 2018, with the possibility of extending through the end of December 2018
Compensation: $15.00 hourly
Description: Hennepin County Library’s (HCL) Special Collections department is seeking an Archives Intern to process maps and plans from the City of Minneapolis and Hennepin County.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this internship will include:
- Process collection materials, including physical organization, boxing and foldering, and any necessary weeding.
- Finding aid creation.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Experience in processing archival collections.
- Experience in creating archival finding aids.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform successfully routine and repetitive tasks
- Ability to:
- Communicate instructions clearly
- Learn work processes quickly
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and task assignments.
How to Apply