Approximate date of posting August 8, 2018
Position: Records Management –
Eligibility: Library science program student
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
Location: New York, New York
Company/Organization New York City Economic Development Corporation
The Records Management Department is a support department that enables staff to access important company information by assisting with all records-related requests and training. We ensure company-wide adherence to the records retention schedule and policy. The Records Management team manages both paper and electronic records for departments by providing detailed records inventory for accurate search and retrieval in our records management database.
Schedule/Hours ability to commit to working 2 full days a week (14 hours),
Time Frame Internships are for a period of three (3) months with a possible extension, but cannot exceed 1,000 hours per calendar year.
Compensation:paid & and tax savings benefits for commuting, parking and bicycle transportation.
New York City Economic Development Corporation’s Records Management department is seeking a library science program student for a paid internship. Interns will assist the NYCEDC’s Records Management team’s day-to-day operations. The intern will gain exposure to records management practices including hands on experience with life cycle of records in a corporate setting.
- Inventory physical and electronic company records, such as land sales, site maps, and contractor deliverables, based on NYCEDC Records Management department standards and retention policy.
- Input new and normalize existing metadata in records management database.
- Conduct records research for staff and data cleanup tasks.
- Perform quality control of data entry.
- Aid analysts in creating and or updating policies and procedures, including training materials and metadata standards.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
How to Apply http://jobs.jobvite.com/nycedc/job/o4Kw6fwa/apply