Approximate date of posting August 9, 2018
Eligibility Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Company/Organization 20th Century Fox Television
Schedule/Hours 20-25 hours per week
Time Frame Sept-Dec
Description: The 20th Century Fox Archives is charged with the creation and maintenance of the Studio’s corporate collection, as well as administering services for the Studio’s Domestic and International Theatrical and Home Entertainment Departments. In addition to on-Lot services such as Executive Loans and displays, the Archives also works with external organizations to curate educations and informational exhibits that acknowledge and celebrate Fox’s role in the entertainment industry and the history of filmmaking.
The essential role of the intern:
To facilitate special projects under the direction and supervision of the Manager and Archivists.
• To be defined by project (e.g. backlog or current title processing, exhibition prep and strike, conservation work on specific media).
• May include detailed listing of assets, data entry, photography, un/packing boxes and crates, off-Lot (site) work.
• Assistance when required related to any and all Archives functions.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• ability to problem-solve and manage various projects simultaneously and successfully
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs, climb ladders and pack and unpack boxes and crates
• Operation of moving equipment (i.e. dollies, hand trucks, pallet jacks) and light power tools
• Basic understanding of film production
• Passion for materials and archival process
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications. https://21cfcareers.com/Search/JobDetail/R10004299?locale=en