Approximate date of posting August 14, 2018
Position: AANM Research Intern
Eligibility Ability to:Speak and write in English and Arabic.Minimum Degree Required:Bachelor’s Degree
At least 1 year of experience compiling bibliographies and oral history. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Location: Dearborn, Michigan
Company/Organization: Arab American National Museum (AANM) The primary mission of the Museum is to document, preserve and present the history, culture and contributions of Arab American. The Arab American National Museum (AANM) is the first and only museum in the United States devoted to Arab American history and culture. Arab Americans have enriched the economic, political and cultural landscape of American life. By bringing the voices and faces of Arab Americans to mainstream audiences, we continue our commitment to dispel misconceptions about Arab Americans and other minorities.
Time Frame Temporary
Description:. Under general supervision, the intern will work closely with the AANM Librarian and Research and Content Manager to build the museum’s oral history collection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile bibliographic details for published and non-published materials for inclusion in library catalog.
- Lead oral history collection efforts, including recruitment, recording logistics, editing, transcription, and ensuring the gathering of consent forms and metadata.
- Use Arabic language skills to support the cataloging of books and archival materials.
- Increase access to existing collection materials through digitization and marketing.
- Using inventory data and other research findings, assist in efforts to target new archival collection acquisitions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
POC Research & Content Manager
Matthew Jaber Stiffler, PhD
How to Apply: Indeed