Approximate date of posting August 31, 2018
Position: Archives Research Intern
Eligibility Three years or more of college, graduate level preferredThe Archives Research Intern will have a background in history, archives, research methods, and librarianship in any combination deemed adequate to fulfill the duties of this position.
Company/Organization Door County Library and Historical Museum
Schedule/Hours Maximum of 20 hours
Time Frame This is a limited term position for the remainder of 2018.
Start date: September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018.
Compensation: $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly
Description: The Archives Research Intern will work with the Door County Library and the Door County Historical Museum to investigate the scope of materials and interest in a central historical archive. This will be conducted through surveys, onsite visits, recordkeeping, and outreach to historical groups throughout the County of Door.
Essential & General Job Functions
- Create and conduct a survey throughout Door County to ascertain the level of interest in a centralized historical archive.
- Meet with Door County historical groups and individuals with interest in Door County history to determine the scope of historical materials in Door County.
- Keep an accurate, accessible digital record of all information gathered using Microsoft software.
- Prepare and give a presentation to explain the results of the surveys and meetings,and recommend action regarding the transfer of the historical archives care, maintenance, and storage both physically and digitally from the Door County Historical Museum to the Door County Library in Sturgeon Bay.
- Other duties related to archival research as required.
Deadline: September 12, 2018 @ 4:30 PM