Approximate date of posting August 31, 2018
Position: Records and Information Management Intern
Eligibility Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Location: Napa, California
Company/Organization CITY OF NAPA CITY CLERK OFFICE
Schedule/Hours Intern should expect to be on-site once per week. If desired, most work can be performed remotely to complete the 135 required hours
Time Frame Part Time (Not to Exceed 1,000 Hours)
Compensation: $20.00 Hourly
Description: A dynamic Records and Information Management (RIM) phenom who is eager to make a positive impact, solve problems, and is committed to improving our RIM process!
Are you driven to produce extraordinary work in the area of Records Management? Do you love solving complex problems? Does the idea of creating new systems and increased digital process excite you? Has your organizational ability allowed you to bring positive value to your team? Then APPLY today and continue that incredible work with the City of Napa!
Under the supervision of the Records Analyst, the Intern will assist with the development of strategies to further progress the City’s desire to conduct business in an increasingly digital environment. Additionally, they will assist with the implementation and administration of the document management system Laserfiche and identify records management issues in various department city wide and suggest solutions for process improvements, policies and software as needed
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with, and direct the work of, consultants and contractors involved with the RIM program
- Write and review policies and procedures for new applications.
- Review business processes, Analyze department records
- Review software solutions
- Heavy emphasis on both working independently and in collaboration with other not only the City Clerk’s office but also other departments, divisions, and staff across the organization.
- Knowledge of: Basic RIM administration practices and terminology; office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation; business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials; basic functions and structure of a municipal government; standard business software applications: word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (e.g. Excel), communications and scheduling(e.g. Outlook).
Ideal Candidate Will be:
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to come to Napa at least one day per week
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Familiar with document management systems especially Laserfiche and SharePoint
- A problem solver with strong communication and analytical skills
- Is detail oriented, accountable and flexible
How to Apply: Applications will only be considered if submitted via the City of Napa – Transfer Jobs site. If you have questions or difficulty applying, please contact City of Napa HR at 707-257-9505.
Please list all employers held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, please list each position separately. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
POC: CONTACT: Kimberly Rice, Records Analyst
PHONE 1: 707-257-9276
Deadline: Continuous Spring 2019, Summer 2019