Approximate date of posting August 11, 2018
Eligibility Student must have completed a minimum of 6 semester credit hours (or equivalent) of course work the semester before hire. Year-round students are required to enroll in and complete 6 credit hours per semester (or equivalent) while working as a graduate intern.
Education: Master’s level degree (in process or completed within the last year) in library/information science, ALA-accredited preferred; or equivalent degree and experience (e.g. UX/usability, instructional design)
Location: Los Alamos, NM,
Company/Organization The Los Alamos National Research Library Research Library seeks a forward-looking information professional to proactively deliver research consultation, instructional support, and outreach as a Graduate Research Assistant. Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Research Library at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) advances discovery science in support of the Lab mission to solve national security challenges through scientific excellence. Staff members work closely with colleagues within and across teams. The Research Library values strong outreach to Lab scientists and engineers and supports the full scholarly communication lifecycle
Time Frame. Year-Round
Description: The Graduate Research Assistant Program (GRA) is a year-round internship program that provides students with relevant research experience while they are pursuing a graduate degree.
This position requires a versatile individual who is embraces change, works collaboratively as a team player, and has a strong customer service focus.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to use standard reference tools, including online resources, to fulfill customer reference requests.
- Experience in web design, online instruction tools, and the creation of video tutorials.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, for a wide range of audiences.
- Education: Master’s level degree (in process or completed within the last year) in library/information science, ALA-accredited preferred; or equivalent degree and experience (e.g. UX/usability, instructional design)
- For consideration, submit a detailed cover letter with your resume addressing each minimum and desired requirement.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer-centered library service.
- Experience working in a scientific research library and/or formal training in a scientific field.
- Ability to formulate and implement innovative approaches and solutions to problems.
How to Apply: For consideration, submit a detailed cover letter with your resume addressing each minimum and desired requirement.https://jobszp1.lanl.gov/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=1844162805&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=67688&p_spid=3116336&oapc=17&oas=aZIn5wjw4J-Fv17L7HEPTA..
POC: Contact Name Lynn, Barbara Ann
Deadline: September 30, 2018.