Approximate date of posting april 23, 2019
Position: Archives Intern
Eligibility We’re looking for a highly organized individual with a strong interest in digital archives
Location: New York City
Company/Organization The Moth
Schedule/Hours Internships are 32 hours per week. Interns are asked to support at least one evening event per month.
Time Frame Fall (July-December).Applicants must be able to commit to the full six-month session
Compensation: The Moth provides a weekly stipend of $320.
Description:. The Archives Intern works within The Moth’s Media and Archives Department helping maintain our database of over 30,000 stories from The Moth’s 20-year history, including audio recordings, videos and photos from our live events and radio episodes. The ideal intern is detail-oriented and interested in devising creative solutions to the unique challenges of digital archives management. This internship will help you build skills in cloud computing and metadata creation, also offering a window into how systems management influences the creative curation process at an award-winning international performing arts non-profit.
- Oversee multiple cloud app integrations (including, Box, Formstack, Airtable)
- Create and update records in our Salesforce database
- Help edit story transcriptions for publication on our site
- Potentially assist in a grant-funded, innovative project to build an archives search engine
- Attend at least one Moth live show each month
- Other administrative and research tasks as needed
- Assist with at least one StorySLAM a month (possibly more, depending on the schedule) and all NYC GrandSLAMs and Mainstages
How to Apply: To apply to an internship at The Moth you must do two things:
- Fill out this form. https://themoth.typeform.com/to/VuCLZt You’ll be prompted to answer a few short questions.
- Send your resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the internship you’re applying to in the subject line.
Deadline: Applications are due by 11:59pm EST on April 30th, decisions will be made by May