Approximate date of posting June 17, 2019
Position: Library Intern
Eligibility Students do not need previous library experience, but should be an enthusiastic learner,
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Company Indiana Supreme Court Law Library-The Indiana Supreme Court Law Library serves the five Justices of the Indiana Supreme Court, their Chamber staff, the IN Appellate Courts, the Tax Court and enterprising members of the public.
Schedule/Hours Flexible; must be within the hours the library is open, 8:30-4:30 M-F
Time Frame: unspecified
Compensation: :$15.00 per hour, no benefits.
Description The Court will work with students and their academic institutions in order for students to obtain course credit for this internship. Students do not need previous library experience, but should be an enthusiastic learner, have some experience with MS Word and Excel and have a friendly disposition. This internship will provide the prospective candidate with the opportunity to gain hands-on, practical experience in almost every area of librarianship in a print and digital library and archive. This is a relaxed atmosphere, with professional dress required.
- Become expert user of Westlaw, Lexis Advance & Hein Online
- Understand basic contracts for print and digital subscriptions
- Create online subject guides
- Learn basic library operational functions: cataloging, circulation, ILL, collection maint.
- Understand the use of library analytics
- Understand value-added services for VIP clients
- Develop practical, legally defensible library policies
- We are open to other student-generated learning ideas
Apply Submit cover letter & resume
Deadline: July 15, 2019